I will post additional resources on this page. Please check often to make sure you do not miss any important information.
Readings for March 1: Ethics and Utility
- Achenbach, Joel. December 29, 2015. "Driverless Cars are Colliding with the Creepy Trolley Problem". The Washington Post. [URL: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2015/12/29/will-self-driving-cars-ever-solve-the-famous-and-creepy-trolley-problem/?utm_term=.b4da78b54790]
- Morris, David Z. October 15, 2016. "Mercedes-Benz's Self-Driving Cars Would Choose Passenger Lives Over Bystanders". Fortune. [URL: http://fortune.com/2016/10/15/mercedes-self-driving-car-ethics/]
- Henig, Robin Marantz. January 9, 2015. "Death by Robot". New York Times. [URL: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/magazine/death-by-robot.html?_r=1]
- Nunez, Michael. August 24, 2016. "A Startup Backed by Peter Thiel Makes Bankrolling Civil Lawsuits Easy". Gizmodo. [URL: http://gizmodo.com/a-startup-backed-by-peter-thiel-makes-bankrolling-civil-1785707590]
- Thomson, Andrew. December 2, 2016. "Emotionally Intelligent Computers May Already Have a Higher EQ than You". Tech Crunch. [URL: https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/02/emotionally-intelligent-computers-may-already-have-a-higher-eq-than-you/]
- Comprehensive list of articles for further reading, compiled by Stuart Russell: https://people.eecs.berkeley.edu/~russell/research/future/