I will post general tips and handouts on this page, as well as code examples from class. Please check often to make sure you do not miss any important information.
- If you aren't sure whether you should start with CSCI 140, CSCI 150, or CSCI 151, please check out this guide!
- The Computer Science Department provides a page on General Problem Solving Tips
- For instructions on how to install Python and Komodo Edit on a Mac, as well as how to remote connect to the OCCS server to work on and handin your labs, click here!
Slides from Class
The course slides are posted on Blackboard under "Course Content" -> "Slides".
Handouts from ClassFeb 5:
Code from ClassFeb 5
- dataTypes.py (illustrates the different data types and some uses of the modulus operator)
- forPractice.py (demonstrates different sequences in for loops using range)
- countdown.py (countind down using a for loop)
- oddCheck.py (checks if each number 1 to n is odd)
- starDrawing.py (practicing nested for loops)
- picture.py (the picture module)
- house.py (draws a house)